Friday 12 February 2010

Dan Hawes at a UCL Q&A

Hello graduate job seekers and graduate recruiters of the world

Got a lot done this week. Three visits to London made me feel like all the other miserable commuters trekking up to London from Brighton everyday. Don't get me wrong I love London and but I'm glad it's not a daily visit. Anyway on Monday I was in Borough to hear the results of the latest AGR Winter Survey and despite slightly fewer vacancies it was not as bad as people thought. The main points of the survey are here. If you want more details I have the full survey on my desk!

On Wednesday I was invited by UCL Careers Service to take part in a recruitment consultancy Q+A with a group of graduates. Thoroughly enjoyed answering their questions and helping them increase their chances in this very competitive job market.

And finally today I was in Farringdon to listen to RBS and Centrica give case studies on their graduate recruitment marketing campaigns. Very interesting, especially their use of social media to engage with students. 98% of students have a facebook account - wow! When do they find time to study ;-)

Have a great (Valentines) weekend

Best regards

Dan Hawes

No comments: