Tuesday 6 April 2010

Half Full or Half Empty?


It fascinates me how people lap up bad news over good - Is it schadenfreude or the just the British state of mind?! Take graduate recruitment. I have been interviewed on BBC Radio recently in response to surveys showing lack of jobs for graduates; questioning the "value" of degrees or how graduates are two-a-penny and I counter all these arguments because I see things differently.

Every graduate will find their degree helps them get a job in some form or another. My company, GRB, has launched the successful careers of thousands of highly capable, switched-on graduates and it gives me great satisfaction to use them as examples against the doom and gloom so often portrayed by the media. In fact I relish the opportunity to show the glass is half full and graduates DO go on to lead fantastic, and very influential, careers in their lifetime as a result of their investment in their higher education. So my message to graduates is not to give up, keep trying and you will find your rightful place in this world!

No comments: